Mole Coffee Martini Recipe
Ring in the New Year with a Mole Coffee Martini. Mole is a chili-chocolate sauce used in Mexican cuisine. This recipe uses mole bitters which are delicious in coffee martinis. It is easy to make and the spiced sugar-espresso rim add a fun look and flavor.
- 1/4 cup espresso-ground coffee
- 1/4 cup spiced brown sugar (1 cup brown sugar, 1 tbsp cinnamon, ½ tsp nutmeg and ½ tsp vanilla extract).
- Enough molé bitters to rim the glass (Try Bittermens' Xocolatl Mole Bitters, look to a local bitters maker or create your own bitters blend.)
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce Kahlua
- Make a 1:1 blend of espresso-ground coffee and spiced brown sugar.
- Rim a martini glass with the molé bitters and the sugar-espresso mixture.
- Shake and strain the vodka and Kahlua into the martini glass.
- Serve immediately.