Grid_3600xlarge

Question by Michael S.

by: (0 pts)
Hi, We're getting wet coffee grounds in grounds container. Not "pucks" like we're used to. The machine is brand new and we are wondering if this is a problem, or just part of the machines learning process?
Answered by Ace
Profile_image Me too! Not even a week old. I have been moving the beans around by hand in the hopper to make sure they get to the grinder in sufficient supply and it seems to be improving. Except for last night when it happened again (after adding beans, but the hopper was not entirely empty). I have a message in to WLL Tech Support. Like another poster above, seem to be getting more water in drip pan arms from within machine. I assume normal as these extend under for that reason? However, it's about an 1/8 cup of water and a few grounds for every 3-4 shots pulled. 11-01-13 04:06PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by techkathy
Fd1d660302c7ae9ecd77d4e05d780e42 Sometimes oily beans can cause the same issue. The wet pucks wont hurt the machine or effect the flavor of the coffee. If your beans are oily, try turning the grind setting just a bit coarser. 11-01-13 04:06PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by Ace
Profile_image Here are some questions I have answered for them that you might consider in your settings: As far as the sloppy coffee pucks are concerned, there might be a few solutions. First, what brand/roast of coffee beans are you currently using? Are they meant for espresso? Are they oily at all? What fineness of grind and aroma settings (the little coffee beans on the screen) do you currently have the machine set to? 11-01-13 04:06PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by Mylee
Profile_coffee-cupcake

I was going to ask the same questions that James did. Maybe the type of coffee you're using is causing the wet grounds.

11-02-13 02:42PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by Ace
Profile_image

That's the trick!  Got some great alternative bean options from the sales group. Tried the Lavazza Super Crema and Lavazza Tierra Intenso. The machine works great with these...dry puck, much more crema no need to continue to help the beans down the grinder. 

I am (was) a Starbucks snob. The flavor of these shots are comparable. Intensois is, well a little more intense. But nt bitter. Super Crema is really smooth, but still works in a latte without losing flavor. 

my problem is solved!

11-18-13 09:31PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by rue
122fe8bbf5cff7b5dff473271bb2026c

I am using the Lavazza Super Crema and, still having the same problem

12-13-13 04:38PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question