Grid_11044xlarge

Question by Tim G.

by: (0 pts)
I'm in the process of replacing my Breville 830 with the 840"Infuser". (the 830 has been having issues and Breville is replacing it) Can you recommend a grinder under $500 that will grind oily beans (Peets or SBUX Espresso Roast) fine enough to pull a great shot of espresso without getting clogged. I tried the Breville Smart Grinder a while ago and had no luck. Also, I'm not married to the Breville machine. If you can recommend and different machine and grinder combo under $1000, I'm all ears!
Answered by mjackson
Profile_mark_jackson_profile_pic I would say the Rancilio Rocky, The Baratza Preciso or the Vario in the price range you are looking at. Any really dark oily bean will mean more frequent cleaning. I would suggest using this product to help keep your grinder burrs working properly - http://www.wholelattelove.com/Urnex/grindz_box.cfm 11-01-13 04:15PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by DanielCulver
Profile_chalice_copy I have had the Gaggia MDF for several years, and yes, I go through periods when I like dark, oily beans. The MDF will grind quite well, as fine as you'd like. Occasionally you will have to remove the reservoir cover and tap the beans a little to ensure they are falling into the grinder shoot. I've never had the doser clog up and though I've heard of repairs needed on the doser, I believe careful handling is all that is required since my has had heavy use and is still going strong. On sale right now for $229.00 and you can spend the savings on a higher level machine. Just saying. :) 11-01-13 04:15PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question