Grid_1426xlarge

Question by Gregg S.

by: (5 pts)
My parents recently purchased the Gaggia Titanium for my husband and I. Our original machine was a Saeco Graphite and I loved it but it was weary and my parents wanted us to have a machine like theirs. I just can't seem to get the settings on the Gaggia grind right. I like a really strong cup of espresso/coffee. Any suggestions on a particular bean to use and a setting?
Answered by Maggie
E239c350690d12a858e492bc395c19b8 Gregg, A good place to start would be about a 4 or 5 on the numeric grinder setting (the lower the number, the finer the grind), and 2 dots away from the sign. You can get a really good, strong cup of coffee no matter what brand of coffee you use with the right settings. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to give us a call-1-888-411-5282, option 3 and we will be happy to assist you. 11-01-13 04:38PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by DanielCulver
B29d52da7746db6da27c84cf1c74bdf9 Sometimes people equate a really strong serving of espresso with a really bitter serving. It is possible the Gaggia is making a better brew of the beans you have. If you switched brands of beans at the same time as the machine you will have no baseline measure to work from. To know if it is bitterness that you became used, rather than strength, to you could try to take a longer shot from the Gaggia, or take a second shot from the same beans and see if the taste is something familiar to you. Usually an espresso double shot is just 2ozs, but often machine are planned for use making lattes and such, and the shots pumped are greater than 2ozs, sometimes as much as 4ozs. The bigger the shot, the more bitter. I don't know if this will help you, but most of the Gaggias are very good machines, so it is worth finding the pathway to what it is you like. 11-01-13 04:38PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question