by: (5 pts)
The quality of the shots on the Gaggia Brera is terribly inconsistent. Sometimes we get an excellent shot and the pucks are compact and dry and then other times, the coffee is weak and there are no pucks in the dump bin, just a wet, muddy mess. All settings were the same as well as the beans. What can I do to resolve this?
Answered by techkathy
Fd1d660302c7ae9ecd77d4e05d780e42 Have you descaled or decalcified the unit recently? Have you rinsed and lubricated the brew unit recently? 11-01-13 04:40PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by Ryan
D52b6ab913dfac472a2f82c210a3dcd8 I found that the little security 'umbrella' in the bean hopper that stops a user from sticking their fingers in the grinder is the problem. The little umbrella sometimes gets clogged up for a second or two during the grinding process and doesn't let enough beans through. It doesn't block enough beans so that the machine thinks it is out, but it does block enough so that the brew unit is not full. In the end you do not have enough beans to compress into a puck and you end up with a sloppy mess in the dump bin and a weak shot. I have not had the problem since I removed the safety umbrella. If you feel comfortable with having the grinder open in the hopper (will still have the top lid) then go ahead and remove it, it is just one screw to take it off. 11-01-13 04:40PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by rue
122fe8bbf5cff7b5dff473271bb2026c

Hi, I am having the same problem with mushy coffee grinds.  I just bought the Gaggia and I have used it for two day's.  I made the coffee grinds a little finer to see if we can get all that moisture out.  the coffee grinds are all over the place. Any other suggestions than opening the grinder?  Thanks Rue

12-13-13 04:04PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question