I'm interested in trying some of the beans sold online here, particularly curious about the Lavaza Super Crema for...

by: (10 pts)
I'm interested in trying some of the beans sold online here, particularly curious about the Lavazza Super Crema for espresso. But I have a more basic question regarding freshness/shelf life of beans. Many of the articles I've read suggest buying as freshly roasted beans as you can find. So I've been trying to hit my local roasters as soon after their weekly batches are available. So when I see Lavazza sold in 2.2lb bags, and people buying cases do them, I wonder about the freshness. Does their airtight packaging prolong freshness? And how long after opening a 2.2lb do the beans remain fresh (assuming airtight storage in a cool pantry)? Thanks!
Answered by DanielCulver
Profile_chalice_copy I too had this question for a long time. I eventually started buying online, mostly from WLL, and have been quite happy. I think one of the trade-offs is the overall quality and skill of roasting at a premium company with lots of experience versus the sort of ' seat-of-your-pants' approach of your local roaster. That isn't to say all local roasters are bad, rather they lack the experience and resources of a premium roaster, like Lavazza or Filicori Zecchini, and my experience shows it matters. 11-01-13 04:42PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by HumorInaBottle
0575495b56b1cd8fc29de86e3fa89c89 Appreciate the perspective of freshness and to solve the 2.2 pound bag we have found an air tight, dark container that removes air and seals without electronics. I have found Lavazza to be a superb balance with no bitterness which is important for my taste preferences. The crema is truly super with this bean. 11-01-13 04:42PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question