I'm interested in the Gagia Clasic and have a Brevile bur grinder. I've read that it doesn't grind as fine as others...

I'm interested in the Gaggia Classic and have a Breville burr grinder. I've read that it doesn't grind as fine as others - do you think it will work with the Classic?
Fd1d660302c7ae9ecd77d4e05d780e42
It would depend on the quality of the burr grinder. We carry the Breville smart grinder which can do a good job for espresso. If the grinder you have is a smaller or less expensive grinder then I would not recommend it for brewing espresso.
Posted by: techkathy on 11-01-13 04:43PM
Was this answer helpful?
238444e50a9b1809ecd2b6e4bac15bfb
Mike - The only way to truly know if your Breville burr grinder will grind fine enough for your Gaggia Classic is to try it and see. If it does not, then I suggest the Capresso Infinity burr grinder as your replacement. At $140 or less, I have found that it does an excellent job of grinding beans for the Gaggia Classic, which I own. I most always have the Capresso Infinity set to the second finest setting for perfect results with my Classic, and an extraction time of 22 - 30 seconds. My experience with this burr grinder proves to me that you do not have to spend more on a burr grinder to get perfect shots from your Gaggia Classic.
Posted by: Stephen on 11-01-13 04:43PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question