Grid_1039xlarge

Question by Michael L.

by: (15 pts)
I'm interested in the Gaggia Classic and have a Breville burr grinder. I've read that it doesn't grind as fine as others - do you think it will work with the Classic?
Answered by techkathy
Fd1d660302c7ae9ecd77d4e05d780e42 It would depend on the quality of the burr grinder. We carry the Breville smart grinder which can do a good job for espresso. If the grinder you have is a smaller or less expensive grinder then I would not recommend it for brewing espresso. 11-01-13 04:43PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by Stephen
238444e50a9b1809ecd2b6e4bac15bfb Mike - The only way to truly know if your Breville burr grinder will grind fine enough for your Gaggia Classic is to try it and see. If it does not, then I suggest the Capresso Infinity burr grinder as your replacement. At $140 or less, I have found that it does an excellent job of grinding beans for the Gaggia Classic, which I own. I most always have the Capresso Infinity set to the second finest setting for perfect results with my Classic, and an extraction time of 22 - 30 seconds. My experience with this burr grinder proves to me that you do not have to spend more on a burr grinder to get perfect shots from your Gaggia Classic. 11-01-13 04:43PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question