by: (20 pts)
I have had my grinder since 2008 and have not had any problems with it. Paired with my Gaggia Classic, I have been a happy espresso drinker for many years. I would recommend the grinder as a reasonbly priced machine for the espresso officianado. While the majority of time and depending on the bean, I keep the setting at between 13 and 7 to get the 25 second "pull". However, I am now interested in grinding coffee for a french press. I am hoping that you can provide me some guidance on what range of grind settings I should start with for this grinder. Based on your experience, if you can get me in the ballpark I will take it from there. Thanks
Answered by DanielCulver
B29d52da7746db6da27c84cf1c74bdf9 Gary, grinding for a French Press is often a conundrum. Many beans require a very fine grind and a lessened steeping to get the best flavor, but many people (myself included) are wary of consuming too many fine coffee grounds that you would get with the French Press using a very fine grind. One way I deal with that is to preheat my cups and that allows time to let the drink settle a little. Of course, this means handle your drink carefully so as not to stir up the grounds as you're drinking. I hope this helps. 11-01-13 04:49PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by Gary
520c66753cbc2e69929d04a327f80f93 Daniel, thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I had not thought about using a french press in that way given the size of the screen mesh of the filter. Reminds me of the turkish coffee I used to make many years ago in a pan on the stove. That was before all of the stuff we have available to us in the US market today. think my take away here is to set the grind to a setting the yields the preferred taste so I think I will take that approach and enjoy trying all the different grinds. Thanks again. 11-01-13 04:49PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question