I have a problem but I don’t know if it's the grinder (Infinity) or the espreso machine (Gagia evolution). To be able...

by: (5 pts)
I have a problem but I don’t know if it's the grinder (Infinity) or the espresso machine (Gaggia evolution). To be able to even get a shot (2oz) from my machine I need to set the grinder to the last course. ans this is with a tamping pressure of 30lbs. I guess since some of you have the setting in no less than fine that the problem may be with my machine water flow through the group head and not the grinder. I just ordered the decalcifier to clean it up and see if that helps. Sugestions?
Answered by techkathy
Fd1d660302c7ae9ecd77d4e05d780e42 Julio - You should try some pre-ground coffee in the machine. Purchase some pre-ground coffee and see if the flow is still slow. That will help us determine whether there is an issue with the grinder or with the machine. 11-01-13 04:51PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by Julio
60c27a3fb4c6c4a042fc7578291fc65b I will try that though I've heard that pre-ground coffe from the market sometimes is not the best because every machine is different. I will inform of the output. 11-01-13 04:51PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by Julio
60c27a3fb4c6c4a042fc7578291fc65b Hey techkathy I tried a Super Market "Local" coffee beans "Espresso" roasted, also locally (said the label) and used the supermarket grinding machine (have no idea what type of blades) in "espresso machine" setting and the size of the grain for me was too coarse but I'm not that familiar with the size of the grain so I used it in the machine anyways with a single basket and same tamping pressure and God that was terrible. It pulled 2oz in like 10sec of black water cause I won’t dare call the liquid that came out if it coffee. SO I guess my grinder settings for the Fine are too fine (lucky me) so I used my local coffee bean supplier (Costa Rica Medium roast) with my grinder (conical Bur) in the last coarse setting and voila a single (1-ish oz) shot in 30sec. Not the best crema (not the best grinder I guess) but I was happier than a dog with two tails. Anyways I will run the cleaner once i receive it to get the machine like new and along with the cleaner I'm getting the naked PF, I'm so excited I could eat a banana in one piece sideways :) THANKS!!! 11-01-13 04:51PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question