by: (10 pts)
Hi everyone I've had my Brera for nearly 4 months and couldn't be happier - a big step up from my Baby Dose. I only have a slight problem I'd like help with. I descaled the machine for the second time today - I do it as soon as the light comes on. I did the whole process but when I followed the last instruction to reset and turn the "needs descaling" warning light off, it didn't work. I repeated the whole process with the same result. It's not end of the world but it does mean that with the light stuck on it won't tell me when it needs descaling next time. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks
Answered by techkathy
Fd1d660302c7ae9ecd77d4e05d780e42 Russ - press and hold the dose (bean spoon) button. It will clear the descaling signal and reset the counter for the next time. 11-01-13 04:52PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by Nick
4faf1cfb4c54deaf3254f86d0f75ebf5 Had exactly the same fault but found my solution (below). Happy to send you scan of correct process: I see several buyers had issues with not being able to extinguish the Descaling lamp once they'd been through the descaling process. I had the same so back it went to Philips. Arrived back within a week with an extract from the user manual which stepped through a totally different (more automated) process from that shown in the manual that came with my Brera. Engineer's note: "NB on the new Brera, to start the descale programme switch the machine into standby mode, then press and hold the two coffee buttons for 6 seconds to start descaling". 11-01-13 04:52PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question