by: (15 pts)
I have a couple of questions, if you please. We use an aeropress for our coffee making, so not necessarily a pour over type. Does the handle on either unit get hot? Also on the handle of the gooseneck it seems more comfortable to grip and I like the finger grip area. Does the larger kettle handle fit a normal hand? It seems small or tight? When you pour boiling or near boiling water out of the larger kettle spout does it bubble or whoosh out like in a regular stove top kettle? Down the road I am wondering about lime buildup in the tiny goose neck spout and if it does happen how does one clean that? Last question, the lids, I like the concept on the larger kettle of pushing a button on the lid area and it opens (no touching a hot kettle). Does the lid on the gooseneck get super hot that when you take it off to refill that you would need to cover w a pot holder to keep from burning yourself? thank you so much for taking the time to answer these questions. Sue
Answered by A
C1a899e57fdc0bdcf558abdc77132f5b Sue, To keep this easy to read, I am going to answer your questions in order: The handles on either do not transfer much heat at all. It's a great material and a great design. We have the non vaiable temp goose neck kettle in our kitchen for use with our Hario and Aeropress, and everyone is very comfortable using it. Unlike stove top kettles, the Bonavita's distribute heat very well, and the water does not flash boil and bubble while it's pouring. We've never had a trace of lime on our kettle here! If you notice any, you could use a product like the Pallo Steamy Wanda to scrub the inside of the goose neck easily. The lid does get hot as a result of steam from the water boiling. The black handle on the lid is made of the same material as the actual handle on the kettle, so it stays cool! My apologies if my answer seems blunt... It's a lot of information to type out without rambling! If you have anymore questions, by all means, let us know! 11-01-13 05:00PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question