Grid_11991xlarge

Question by Michael K.

by: (45 pts)
I recently ordered the AeroPress. It should be arriving today and I am very excited because I've read such great feedback. My question or perhaps statement is, this device makes a concentrated coffee in which you add water to make it like a regular cup of coffee or something similar to an Americano, right? I keep reading how this makes espresso but don't quite understand where people are getting that from, even if its printed on the box. So is this just a hybrid, or can you actually call it espresso? My other observation would be that it does not seem to have the capacity to make a full cup of coffee...hence adding water? Without even using this yet, I guess I'll say that this device does not make espresso. Thoughts anyone?
Answered by Anis
Fc3a8ce10a5fb9276f5dd0ec89050599 I own an aeropress myself and I find it makes a perfect cup of coffee (no acidity, no bitterness) if you follow the instructions of course. They are pretty simple: stir for 10 seconds and push down for another 20sec. Use about 18 grams of ground coffee (medium). Even though they advertise it as an espresso making device, I wouldn't call it espresso. 11-01-13 05:14PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by Sanfam
0d219748120cdc26ee5d5603498f2d11 Following on Anis' post, you may also want to try an "Inverted Brew" technique. While you won't be able to easily make a proper espresso using the Aeropress as the instructions suggest, an inverted brew lets the oils and gasses (which rise up) flow out through the filter rather than become stuck up with the grounds. Do it with care and it won't risk any mess, either. 11-01-13 05:14PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question