Grid_2932xlarge

Helo. Everyone sems to love this machine, so I'm wondering why I hate it. I have ben brewing espreso and lates at...

by: (-2 pts)
Hello. Everyone seems to love this machine, so I'm wondering why I hate it. I have been brewing espresso and lattes at home for over 5 years, so I am not a beginning. I use high-quality coffee for a local coffee shop that grinds the beans for espresso. However, every time I brew espresso with the Espresso Pure, the coffee tastes bitter and nasty. I thought maybe I had just purchased a bitter coffee, so I tried a different variety. Same results. I do not fill the brew basket to the top, so the coffee is not coming in contact with the heating element. What am I doing wrong? I was also going to complain that by the time the machine warms back up enough to steam milk, the espresso is not only bitter but cold. But I did just read that steaming the milk before pulling the shot may solve that problem. I am also unamused that I paid $249 for this machine about a month ago, and now it is selling for $199. :( Thank you.
Answered by techkathy
Fd1d660302c7ae9ecd77d4e05d780e42 Christine, which one of the 3 filter baskets are you using to brew? Are you brewing a single or double shot? How long (in seconds) are your shots taking? 11-01-13 05:15PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by CHRISTINE
11370b8e6391d10435cf7e0e5f35f116 Single shot. About 18 seconds? 11-01-13 05:15PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question