by: (0 pts)
Hi, I just received a Gaggia Classic for Christmas. Very excited, but the machine has exposed the shortcomings of my old Solis 166. So now I have a $300 budget for a grinder and I am willing to sacrifice (a little) grind quality in exchange for durability. Ideally, I'd like to use the new grinder for espresso, pour-over and even some French press, but I could use the Solis for the latter grinds. I've heard from some that the Preciso is ideal, but others have warned me about the questionable reliability and constant tinkering. What is your recommendation between the more variable Preciso and the MDF? Will the Preciso hold up? Or is the MDF's rock-solid reliability the winner?
Answered by A
C1a899e57fdc0bdcf558abdc77132f5b Raymond, I know some people take the Virtuoso apart to adjust the grind settings within the burr set to allow for a finer range of grinds. Out of the box though, I have found that the settings it comes set up with works fine for a machine like the Gaggia Classic, and even the Rancilio Silvia. The MDF is certainly a rock solid grinder. It has a great drive train, consistent grinds, and will last a long time. Due to the doser however, it would not work well for anything other than Espresso. All in all, countless people have ordered and been delighted with both grinders. The choice is really up to you! 11-01-13 05:16PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question