Hapy to report that my Expobar Ofice Lever Plus is working after a smal hicup with a lose wire (presumably from...

Happy to report that my Expobar Office Lever Plus is working after a small hiccup with a loose wire (presumably from shipping). Now for the question, which I am certain that has been posted before, but I couldn't figure out how to search? My shots are very sour. I think that is the correct description. They taste as if the beans are green. Perhaps a general guideline can be given for my particular machine and grinder. Expobar Office Lever Plus and Baratza Vario.
2 Answers
Please Sign In to answer this question
C1a899e57fdc0bdcf558abdc77132f5b
Mark, One of the most helpful videos we have is the Basics of Making Espresso. It goes through the steps to make a really solid shot, and may cause you to have an "Ah-Ha!" moment. Just copy and paste this link and give it a look! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HAkgiBzs9s&list=PL482C8005EBFCDEAF
  A       Nov 01, 2013 05:24PM
Was this answer helpful?
486f244c98f76895d90c1a5214f4efde
The tutorial helped for sure. I got pretty scientific and started measuring everything and used a scale to make sure tamp pressure was right. However, I think what helped the sourness is letting the first bit of espresso go into the drip tray. No more than 2 seconds. Read that somewhere. Finally, I went for about 26 to 28 seconds instead of 25. Thanks.
  Mark       Nov 01, 2013 05:24PM
Was this answer helpful?