by: (10 pts)
Happy to report that my Expobar Office Lever Plus is working after a small hiccup with a loose wire (presumably from shipping). Now for the question, which I am certain that has been posted before, but I couldn't figure out how to search? My shots are very sour. I think that is the correct description. They taste as if the beans are green. Perhaps a general guideline can be given for my particular machine and grinder. Expobar Office Lever Plus and Baratza Vario.
Answered by A
C1a899e57fdc0bdcf558abdc77132f5b Mark, One of the most helpful videos we have is the Basics of Making Espresso. It goes through the steps to make a really solid shot, and may cause you to have an "Ah-Ha!" moment. Just copy and paste this link and give it a look! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HAkgiBzs9s&list=PL482C8005EBFCDEAF 11-01-13 05:24PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by Mark
486f244c98f76895d90c1a5214f4efde The tutorial helped for sure. I got pretty scientific and started measuring everything and used a scale to make sure tamp pressure was right. However, I think what helped the sourness is letting the first bit of espresso go into the drip tray. No more than 2 seconds. Read that somewhere. Finally, I went for about 26 to 28 seconds instead of 25. Thanks. 11-01-13 05:24PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question