I finaly purchased a Gagia Baby Twin, after loking at them for almost a year! The machine is great (great espreso and...

I finally purchased a Gaggia Baby Twin, after looking at them for almost a year! The machine is great (great espresso and strong steam pressure). However one of my biggest concerns was reviews stating that "the frothing mechanism has a 'bad smell' which gets infused into the milk when steaming." I asked the WLL sales rep about this before I purchased the baby twin and he assured me that this was an old problem that Gaggia has fixed in the newer machines. Well I must have gotten one of the old machines, where this problem was not fixed. Looking at the box for the machine confirms that this is a 2006 machine. the age is not a problem (because the machine is new), except for the smell (and resulting bad taste) My machine creates an awful smell when frothing and causes the milk to taste terrible. I have run about 15 tanks of water through the hot water/steam wand and the smell is still there. I have also run the "Urnex Cleancaf" solution through the wand (two full tanks) and the smell still remains. Any ideas how to get the smell out??? Thank you
3 Answers
Please Sign In to answer this question
Fd1d660302c7ae9ecd77d4e05d780e42
Ashley - Any bad flavor or odor from the unit is not typical. If you have a chance, give us a call in tech support. We would like to swap out the unit for a new one.
Was this answer helpful?
3a33975701599b2e3eb834b0785b16d6
I had the same issue. Swapped out baby twin once, same issue on 2nd then tech support exchanged for a Gaggia Classic which I am very happy with so far (only had 2 weeks) simple to operate, makes good shots. Though the double boiler would be much faster on the Baby Twin but with the Classic I have not had to wait the machine is waiting for me.
Was this answer helpful?
8b1432783b28a9690a40a1da1884411c
Thank you Kathy and Patrick. I just got off the phone with Maggie (WLL tech support), who was extremely helpful. I am going to ship the original machine back and WLL will send me a new one. Ill give the new one a try and fingers crossed steam system will not smell like the old one! I bought my brother a Classic a few months ago, which he is very happy with, so if the second Twin does not work for me, perhaps I will have to revert to an option similar to yours Patrick. Thanks for the responses.
Was this answer helpful?