Grid_2712xlarge

Question by Ashley K.

by: (5 pts)
I finally purchased a Gaggia Baby Twin, after looking at them for almost a year! The machine is great (great espresso and strong steam pressure). However one of my biggest concerns was reviews stating that "the frothing mechanism has a 'bad smell' which gets infused into the milk when steaming." I asked the WLL sales rep about this before I purchased the baby twin and he assured me that this was an old problem that Gaggia has fixed in the newer machines. Well I must have gotten one of the old machines, where this problem was not fixed. Looking at the box for the machine confirms that this is a 2006 machine. the age is not a problem (because the machine is new), except for the smell (and resulting bad taste) My machine creates an awful smell when frothing and causes the milk to taste terrible. I have run about 15 tanks of water through the hot water/steam wand and the smell is still there. I have also run the "Urnex Cleancaf" solution through the wand (two full tanks) and the smell still remains. Any ideas how to get the smell out??? Thank you
Answered by techkathy
Fd1d660302c7ae9ecd77d4e05d780e42 Ashley - Any bad flavor or odor from the unit is not typical. If you have a chance, give us a call in tech support. We would like to swap out the unit for a new one. 11-01-13 05:30PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by Patrick
3a33975701599b2e3eb834b0785b16d6 I had the same issue. Swapped out baby twin once, same issue on 2nd then tech support exchanged for a Gaggia Classic which I am very happy with so far (only had 2 weeks) simple to operate, makes good shots. Though the double boiler would be much faster on the Baby Twin but with the Classic I have not had to wait the machine is waiting for me. 11-01-13 05:30PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by Ashley
8b1432783b28a9690a40a1da1884411c Thank you Kathy and Patrick. I just got off the phone with Maggie (WLL tech support), who was extremely helpful. I am going to ship the original machine back and WLL will send me a new one. Ill give the new one a try and fingers crossed steam system will not smell like the old one! I bought my brother a Classic a few months ago, which he is very happy with, so if the second Twin does not work for me, perhaps I will have to revert to an option similar to yours Patrick. Thanks for the responses. 11-01-13 05:30PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question