I just received my Expobar Ofice Pulser from you and I'm wondering if I have to run coling flushes through it before...

by: (0 pts)
I just received my Expobar Office Pulser from you and I'm wondering if I have to run cooling flushes through it before making an espresso. By looking at other web sites (for example coffeegeek.com) I inferred that any HX machine needs such cooling flushes. The manual (including yours) doesn't say anything about running water through the group before making a shot.
Answered by Whole Latte Love
Cfc8bcfda589c3c039110e268e6c92d0 Although it’s not listed in the manual, running water through the brew group and empty portafilter before brewing is a great idea. This helps to ensure that all of the external components of your espresso machine are at the proper temperature for a great extraction (and you can dispense the water into your demitasse cup to pre-heat that at the same time!). We generally refer to this as a "blank shot", but it is also commonly known as a "cooling flush" - specifically when you’re running the blank shot after machine has been sitting on but idle for some time. If you’re pulling back-to-back shots, it’s not something you need to worry about. As stated, it’s simply a tool to ensure the portafilter and group head are at the proper temperature before brewing. 11-01-13 05:55PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question