by: (0 pts)

I'm looking to get either the Gaggia Evo or the Baby for my husband for Christmas. Not sure which one to get. How do they compare? This will be our first but he is very familiar with espresso machines. The only "requirement" is that they be compatible with both grounds and pods (which I know they both are). Any ideas on how to make the decision?

Answered by Darwin55
B3fb2f87d350c566e190ee38eb1a5eb6

There is a great video on this site that compares all of the features of the Gaggia line. Just search Gaggia espresso machines & click on any machine. The video is on all the Gaggia products. I chose the Gaggia Baby Class, great sale & Xmas coupon, should be here next week!

12-14-13 08:38AM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by Rose Knowles
E5125704e0fee498944cf92b1961451f

I have had both machines over the years and I think they work equally well. To me the major difference was the actual design of the machine, the evolution is a much more modern look. Your husband will love either one.  

12-14-13 11:01AM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by Sanfam
0d219748120cdc26ee5d5603498f2d11

Internally, these machines feature the same boilers, but differ in the fact that the Gaggia Baby line utilizes a 3-way solenoid valve instead of the passive "group valve" used by the Gaggia Evolution.  This means that the Gaggia Baby, when using the standard doubleshot filter basket, will be able to produce dry pucks and deliver more consistent brew pressure to the coffee while brewing.  The downside is the increased need to keep up on maintenace, as mineral deposits (scale) can caused unwanted trouble with solenoid valves if neglected or improperly addressed.  Additionally, the Gaggia Baby has a more accessible (and easily removed) water tank and an articulated steam wand, whereas the Evolutions' wand only spins around. 

12-18-13 06:40PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question