89a1a4cb787787c52c93c2b6ea688e56

Gaggia Espresso Pure - just opened box

by: (0 pts)

So I unpacked my Espresso Pure, read the instructioons and am having trouble understanding the uses of the three different filters provided. The instructions came with a few "update" sheets which seem to override the main instruction booklet. Anyway, the pod filter is easy to identify. The other two are similar in shape and volume, one has a lot of perforations and the other looks to have only one right in the center (exactly like the pod filter has). The instructions refer to the unit coming with two "perfect crema" filters and one traditional. And when using the perfect crema filters, you are supposed to insert a small plastic piece into the bottom of the portafilter. It is my guess that the traditional one is the one with more perforations, correct?  And if I want to do just a single shot, I use one of the double-capacity filters but with just one scoop of coffee, correct? The instructions mention a single shot filter, which wasn't provided (only the single pod filter was provided). Thanks for any help clearing this up.

Answered by erich808

I think I found an answer to one of my questions on one of the WLL videos--the "perfect crema" filters are pressurized filters, good for beginners and a little more forgiving when it comes to grind and tamping pressure. Or use it with a pod. I am still wondering about the lack of a single shot filter (at least one that isn't pressurized).

02-22-14 05:01PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by erich808

Another update, I found an answer to my other question in one of the videos--no, you cannot just use half the coffee to arrive at a single shot. A single shot filter must be used. I'll just have to use the "pod" pressurized single shot filter should I want to do a single shot. Although from what I've read, a single is a little more difficult to pull. I can't imagine the need for doing a single shot anyway. 

02-23-14 03:09PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question