Grid_3603xlarge

One step Latte's not working; milk sprays everywhere

by: (30 pts)

I purchased my Gaggia Accademia in December, 2013, when I push the button to make a latte, the machince only heats the milk and does not grind or process the beans.  In addition, when the milk dispenses it coughs and sprays everywhere, doesn not flow in the cup.  I am an espresso drinker, so did not realize this problem until now when I'm trying to make latte's for guests.

Answered by Maggie
E239c350690d12a858e492bc395c19b8

The Latte button actually will only steam milk-the Latte Macchiato button is what we would term a traditional Latte, with espresso and with steamed/frothed milk.  As for the spraying, what kind of milk are you using?  Liquids like almond milk and soy milk will do that, as they do not have the same protein structures as plain old cow's milk.  I would suggest running a carafe cleaning cycle with the http://www.wholelattelove.com/Urnex/urn_rinza.cfm first.  Should that not clear it up, follow the instructions in your manual for disassembling and cleaning the carafe, or call our Technical Support team for further assistance.  Technical Support is available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., EST, at 1-888-411-5282, option 3.

06-12-14 04:01PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question