Gaggia MDF Grinder good enough for Turkish coffee?

by: (0 pts)

I am usually pouring 2 double shots a day using my Gaggia MDF grinder, Gaggia Classic espresso machine, and very newly degassed beans locally roasted. The results are immaculate.  I am looking to expand my horizon to include Turkish/greek/boiled coffee (whichever name you prefer).  I have bought an Ibrik imported from Turkey that is a nice copper design and very traditional. My question is, if I zero in my Gaggia MDF grinder will that result in a grind that is powdered enough for a perfect turkish coffee?  I have read many reviews about the MDF that claim it can but all turkish coffee drinkers claim that the powdered texture necessary can only be achieved through hand grinders or using a mortar.  Any input would be very much appreciated!

Answered by ShaneAncefsky-Sales
Profile_shanecommunitypic

Hello,

Although, I have used the MDF to do a turkish grind, I would not suggest it, Like most grinders in the home range, I find it does an ok job.  As you have found though.  A good hand grinder will do a better job of this.  That and you wouldn't be trying to recalibrate for an espresso shot or have to clean the doser of the powder.

05-12-14 09:16AM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by ShaneAncefsky-Sales
Profile_shanecommunitypic

Hello,

Although, I have used the MDF to do a turkish grind, I would not suggest it, Like most grinders in the home range, I find it does an ok job.  As you have found though.  A good hand grinder will do a better job of this.  That and you wouldn't be trying to recalibrate for an espresso shot or have to clean the doser of the powder.

05-12-14 09:17AM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question