4de588db37b5b1ed24446cc48cc0495b

gaggia classic

by: (0 pts)

I inheireted  a Gaggia Classic machine that is roughly 10-12 years old. I love it but lately it is malfunctioning. The shots start out good then for some reason, come out fast and very foamy and I don't mean crema. It did it a few years ago, I took it somewhere and the looked at it and when I came to get it said he didin't do anythoing, it was a great machine, made me an espresso and that was that. It has done this a time or two in the past few years then seems to correct itself.This time it's going on for too long and I've stopped using it. I descale on the occaision and generally take good care of it. Any ideas?  

Answered by Maggie
E239c350690d12a858e492bc395c19b8

Thank you for your post.  Are you steaming first and then going back to brew without releasing any water through the wand or group head?  That would definitely cause the issue you are describing-the boiler does need to cool down from steaming back to brew temperature before continuing to brew coffee at the proper rate.  If that is not the case, I would suggest taking a short video of what you are describing and sending it to support@wholelattelove.com-the video does not have to be close, it just has to be clear, and that would help us to make a more accurate diagnosis of the problem.

06-12-14 10:06AM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question