Grid_15935xlarge

brew temps?

by: (0 pts)

The espresso bean i use needs a brew temp of 201 for maximum falvor. Does this machine reach that temp? there is temps in the specs.

Answered by ShaneAncefsky-Sales
Profile_shanecommunitypic

Hello Jim,

This is a hard question to anwser, since this machine use thermoblocks to heat they are not going to be as temperture stable as a semi-matic.  You could see a range of 197 to 202 on the brewing of these machines.  If not a larger span then that.  From the sounds of it, you are using a great coffee and are looking to get into espresso fever.  I would actually more point you towards a prosumer, such as the profitech 700.  With dual boilers and a PID that allows you to set your brew temp.  If you would like to talk more about this, feel free to call me at 1-888-411-5282 ext5198

Regards,

Shane

05-19-14 01:26PM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by jim
55ab9b71476fe5c32110e617878d911d

Thanks.. I want ease of use as well, do I compromise too much buyung super automatics? The bean is from Klatch Roasting- Belle -94 point rating

05-19-14 02:56PM
Was this answer helpful?

Hi Jim,

That is a very good coffee, I have had that one a few times.  You do compromise a lot with a super automatic.  You just get so much control over the shot with a semi automatic.  An example is an espresso I like to brew.  I like the Lavazza Top Class.  Now if I brewed it the traditional way, I am not a fan at all.  With some help experimenting with a co-worker.  We drastically changed how we brewed it.  We ground the coffee very fine and with a good solid tamp.  We were pulling 1.50oz in 28 seconds.  It literally dribbled out of the portafilter at start, then a very fine stream.  Now you would think this would be bitter.  It was the furthest thing from it.  Sweet and beautiful tasting profile.  It is amazing the difference in the tasting profile that a change in total volume and timing can make it the tasting profile.  I have talked to Klatch a few times, besides temp on there coffee I know they do have a "profile" for shot timing and length and grams for each coffee.   To get the experience from the coffee they want you to taste.   Now I have a super auto at home, because it is easy,  Mainly it is used for cafe crema and cappucccino in the morning.  I also have an Expobar Brewtus which is all I use at night and on the weekends.

05-20-14 08:07AM
Was this answer helpful?

Answered by jim
55ab9b71476fe5c32110e617878d911d

Thanks! I am looking at the expobar brewtus as well as a backup incase I am not satisfied with the Super Automatic. Its the mess, cleanup and time that keep me from buying. I had an Expo before but it got damaged in moving and I have been taking my time about replacing it. I ordered the Z7 Jura yesterday. I will test and see if it meets my standards. I have a feeling I am compromising too much for convenience versus quality.. I appreciate your help. 

05-20-14 08:19AM
Was this answer helpful?

Hi Jim,

Your very welcome!  If this happens not to work.  Please give me a call 1-888-411-5282 ext 5198.  I would be more then happy to go over machines with you as I pride myself on knowing the small differences that make the machine.  Have a great day!

Best regards,

Shane

05-20-14 08:30AM
Was this answer helpful?

Answer This Question

Please Sign In to answer this question