Profile_daniel-profile-pic Reputation: 461

Hello Coffee Lovers! My name is Dan and I enjoy traveling, golfing, cooking, wine, and spending time with my family. My professional background hails mainly from the food and beverage industry and I certainly understand the importance of a quality cup of java. I will be happy to assist you for all your coffee needs. Cheers!

Profitec Pro 500 Espresso Machine

The Profitec Pro 700 is a semi-auto espresso machine that we consider to be amongst the best dual-boilers machines available.  Today we will examine its very capable little brother (or little sister) the Profitec Pro 500. It too, is a German designed and Italian built heat-exchanger machine...

The Breville Oracle Espresso Machine

The Breville Oracle is quite an espresso machine. Grinding and tamping are built into a machine that does traditional espresso extraction in a commercial size portafilter. But that’s just the beginning.  The Oracle froths milk for Lattes and cappuccinos too. Now, you can do...

The Bezzera BZ10 Espresso Machine

If you have a single boiler espresso machine and you’re considering an upgrade, you might want a heat exchange machine with temperature stability, great steaming power and a small footprint.  This quickly describes the Bezzera BZ10 and should get your attention. This semi-auto hits a...

What is a Prosumer Espresso Machine? (Part 2)

Prosumer machines will also come with commercial portafilters which is the handle where the ground coffee is placed. Nothing too fancy here, just a load of marine brass coated beautifully in chrome. They generally will be 58 millimeters in diameter and come with either single or twin spouts. They...

What is a Prosumer Espresso Machine? (Part 1)

The concept of Prosumer equipment is gaining more and more consumer attention these days. Let’s begin by explaining what the term Prosumer means. It’s simple.  The word itself broken down, "Pro" = professional, "sumer" = consumer. Put this odd couple together...

How To Backflush Your Espresso Machine

Backflush.  What a funny combination of words. For the new espresso machine user this obscure play on words has been one of the great mysteries of the espresso world. This tech tip will give you the inside scoop on backflushing without having to go through the pains of...

How To Use An Espresso Tamper: The Basics

Compressing ground coffee into a portafilter seems like it ought to be pretty straightforward. And no matter what anyone tells you, it is. The goal is consistency... do it the same every time! You want a consistent dose, tamping pressure and an even, flat surface to the compressed...

How to Make Espresso: 5 Newbie Tips for Making Great Espresso

Here are 5 simple tips for those of you who are new to pulling shots on a single boiler semi-automatic machine.  Some of the most popular single boiler machines are the Gaggia Classic and Rancilio Silvia but these tips should be helpful with many other units as well. ...

Espresso Machine Boilers Types

So you’ve been thinking about purchasing a semi-automatic espresso machine for home use. You start your research and boom!  …out come a number of acronyms that do not make sense to a newbie.  If you have not seen them yet, you will. The main ones are SBDU, HX and DB. ...

Caffeine – The USA’s Drug of Choice

Every day the world consumes about 300 tons of caffeine. The United States is a big contributor to this number as we are the world’s no. 1 buyer of coffee. Unfortunately, we have to import nearly all of this precious product in due to simple geographic’s. The trees from which our...

Big Leaguers Like Coffee Too

Lenny Dysktra was a great baseball player.  But his legacy might be best remembered for his bulging cheeks and lips being stuffed with Redman chewing tobacco while he played.  He’s not the only professional baseball players with tobacco-packed lips of course and chewing tobacco is...

A Coffee Head Scratcher

A Coffee Head Scratcher   Which costs more?   Coffee #1:       As I approach the counter, a warm welcoming smile gleams at me upon the sight of my arrival. I’m pleasantly greeted with a “Hello Dan! How are you doing...

Corporate Professional Tasters

So I was watching the game the other night and saw a commercial for a large corporate fast food joint that was advertising how great it would be to work as their exclusive coffee taster. You know the one I’m talking about? They keep showing clip after clip of coffee being poured into cups...

Savor the Flavor

While shopping the other day at one of those large mega mart shopping centers, I noticed a big display attempting to hypnotize shoppers into buying a popular coffee company’s “Pumpkin Spice Flavored Coffee.” Now I love me some pumpkin spice but I also know flavored coffees are...

Top 20 Quotes About Coffee

One of my personal favorite actor/comedians Robin Williams once said, “What is this demilitarized zone?  Whatever it is, I like it!  Gets you on your toes better than a strong cup of cappuccino!”  – Good Morning Vietnam.  I loved that film and in lieu of his...

Top 10 Reasons Why Coffee is Good For You

So, working for a coffee company definitely has its “perks” but I recently wanted to reassure myself that drinking all this great java regularly was really good for me and my overall health. So I did what any normal person would do and Googled it. When I noticed the...

It's Coffee Not NASA

So I woke up wicked early the other morning after a pretty much a sleepless night. My baby girl couldn’t sleep, my wife snores like you wouldn’t believe, and of course I had to stay up late and watch the end of the game that into overtime.  Needless to say, I was...

Grid_e59361cc37a6e5d30fc31a98f96c3d31

This is an interesting read but the coments below are even beter!...

This is an interesting read but the comments below are even better! http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/09/02/218232266/is-your-pricey-cup-of-cat-poop-coffee-fake-there-s-a-test-for-that

2 answers

by: DanMoraldo (♥461) | Sep 03, 2013

Welcome_mat
Welcome Mat Unlocked!

Your first badge for signing up

Commentator
Commentator Unlocked!

Post your first comment.

Chatter_box
Chatter Box Unlocked!

Post at least 10 comments.

Chatter_champ
Chatter Champ 44 / 100

Post at least 100 comments.

Blabber_mouth
Blabber Mouth Unlocked!

Get rewarded for posting high-scoring comments

Java_junkie
Java Junkie Unlocked!

Earn at least 100 reputation.

Mocha_mogul
Mocha Mogul 461 / 1000

Earn at least 1000 reputation.

Bean_boss
Bean Boss 461 / 2000

Earn at least 2000 reputation.

Denied
Denied 0 / 1

Get your first downvote

Good_vibes
Good Vibes 0 / 1

Get your first upvote

Commendable
Commendable Unlocked!

Earn at least 10 upvotes on your posts.

Admirable
Admirable 42 / 50

Earn at least 50 upvotes on your posts.

Divine
Divine 42 / 100

Earn at least 100 upvotes on your posts.

Celebrity
Celebrity 42 / 150

Earn at least 150 upvotes on your posts.