Profile_daniel-profile-pic Reputation: 340

Hello Coffee Lovers! My name is Dan and I enjoy traveling, golfing, cooking, wine, and spending time with my family. My professional background hails mainly from the food and beverage industry and I certainly understand the importance of a quality cup of java. I will be happy to assist you for all your coffee needs. Cheers!

Top 20 Quotes About Coffee

One of my personal favorite actor/comedians Robin Williams once said, “What is this demilitarized zone?  Whatever it is, I like it!  Gets you on your toes better than a strong cup of cappuccino!”  – Good Morning Vietnam.  I loved that film and in lieu of his...

Top 10 Reasons Why Coffee is Good For You

So, working for a coffee company definitely has its “perks” but I recently wanted to reassure myself that drinking all this great java regularly was really good for me and my overall health. So I did what any normal person would do and Googled it. When I noticed the...

It's Coffee Not NASA

So I woke up wicked early the other morning after a pretty much a sleepless night. My baby girl couldn’t sleep, my wife snores like you wouldn’t believe, and of course I had to stay up late and watch the end of the game that into overtime.  Needless to say, I was...

Grid_e59361cc37a6e5d30fc31a98f96c3d31

Question by Daniel M.

This is an interesting read but the comments below are even better! http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/09/02/218232266/is-your-pricey-cup-of-cat-poop-coffee-fake-there-s-a-test-for-that

2 answers

by: DanMoraldo (♥340) | Sep 03, 2013

Question by Daniel M.

I just saw a t-shirt that read "Coffee is for Closers" ~ Alec Baldwin - Glengarry Glen Ross. Classic!

1 answers

by: DanMoraldo (♥340) | Aug 06, 2013

Question by Daniel M.

America's Test Kitchen wrote: In a Nutshell Attractive and functional, this machine produced rich, flavorful espresso and velvety crema with the pressing down of two levers. Details Like the AeroPress, the ROK is designed for simplicity. The 11-inch tool consists of two long, curved levers...

1 answers

by: DanMoraldo (♥340) | Apr 26, 2013

Question by Daniel M.

I just watched one of the funniest Sesame Street skits ever. Grover makes "The Freshest Coffee iiiiiinnnnn the World!" http://www.sesamestreet.org/play#media/video_b8cb39dc-e3e9-47fb-8c9f-6a2932d58009

1 answers

by: DanMoraldo (♥340) | Mar 14, 2013

Question by Daniel M.

Does coffee make a good Valentines Day gift?

3 answers

by: DanMoraldo (♥340) | Feb 14, 2013

Question by Daniel M.

I saw this the other day and thought it was appropriate to share here. Enjoy. A group of alumni, highly established in their careers, got together to visit their old university professor. Conversation soon turned into complaints about stress in work and life. Offering his guests coffee, the...

1 answers

by: DanMoraldo (♥340) | Feb 10, 2013

A Quick Cup of Perfection

Many people claim they can't get through the day without their morning coffee. Meanwhile, other members of the coffee culture can't do without their morning espressos, cappuccinos, or other specialty coffee beverages. Gauging by the astronomical number of Starbucks throughout this country...

Espresso At A Tailgate Party?

Espresso anywhere?...sounds good to me! I figure this would be a good time to go over the Handpresso Wild Hybrid, an improved version of Handpresso's ingenious portable espresso maker that can now brew using both ground coffee and ESE (Easy Serve Espresso) pods. At first glance, the...

What I Learned In Class Today

Today in espresso school, the tech department pulled out an open housed Expobar Brewtus IV-Rotary Pump Espresso Machine. At first, it looked like an unsolved Rubik’s Cube to me as it had all the various parts of the internals labeled in different colors for demonstration purposes. I...

A Time To Clean

Let’s face it, espresso machines require regular maintenance. This type of maintenance also requires time. If you recall, I previously posted a blog entitled “Time Is Money”. I may seem a little obsessive about the issue of time but as I have mentioned before, I do NOT...

Time Is Money

Time is money. I am one of many people who certainly believe this to be true. So true in fact, that time is one of the main reasons people choose to buy a one touch super-automatic espresso machine versus a semi automatic or even a manual machine. It’s the main reason I bought one! I am a...

Rancilio Silvia and Baratza Virtuoso Preciso Pack

Two great machines unite—the Rancilio Silvia and the Baratza Virtuoso Preciso. These machines have been paired together to offer excellent value and superior results. In our video, Mark and I will give you an overview of the components and capabilities of this grinder and semi-automatic...

A Super Auto For Every Price Range

In last month's article, we took a look at a few standout semi-automatic machines for every price range. This time around, we're exploring super-automatic espresso for every budget. If you're in the market for a new machine, take a moment to check out our top picks below. Economy...

Whole Latte Love Coffees

Coffee and espresso are our passions, here at Whole Latte Love. The pursuit of its perfection has led us to form relationships with and offer products from more than 60 manufacturers. We carry some of the most advanced equipment on the market, from grinders to espresso machines, frothers and...

Super Automatics – Essential Accessories

In this blog, as a follow-up to my blog “Semi Automatics – Essential Accessories”, I will provide some assistance on helpful accessories for super or fully automatic espresso machines. Many of the products recommended in the semi-automatic blog are also useful for super...

Welcome_mat
Welcome Mat Unlocked!

Your first badge for signing up

Commentator
Commentator Unlocked!

Post your first comment.

Chatter_box
Chatter Box Unlocked!

Post at least 10 comments.

Chatter_champ
Chatter Champ 42 / 100

Post at least 100 comments.

Blabber_mouth
Blabber Mouth Unlocked!

Get rewarded for posting high-scoring comments

Java_junkie
Java Junkie Unlocked!

Earn at least 100 reputation.

Mocha_mogul
Mocha Mogul 340 / 1000

Earn at least 1000 reputation.

Bean_boss
Bean Boss 340 / 2000

Earn at least 2000 reputation.

Denied
Denied 0 / 1

Get your first downvote

Good_vibes
Good Vibes 0 / 1

Get your first upvote

Commendable
Commendable Unlocked!

Earn at least 10 upvotes on your posts.

Admirable
Admirable 33 / 50

Earn at least 50 upvotes on your posts.

Divine
Divine 33 / 100

Earn at least 100 upvotes on your posts.

Celebrity
Celebrity 33 / 150

Earn at least 150 upvotes on your posts.