18a07f82ff1db5d2cc3fdd05d4d3adaa Reputation: 58

My Recent Activity
Louis-Jordan answered the question Vario-coffee everywhere but in portafiler.

Thank you for your question. This might not be completely avoidable behavior. The with which the ground coffee comes out has a lot to do with what grind settings the machine are set to; coarse grind tends to shoot out of the grinder a lot faster than a fine grind. Different beans will grind up differently as well, and depending on how the bean...

4 months ago
Louis-Jordan answered the question Plumbing

Thank you for your question. We do not offer a conversion kit for this machine unfortunately, and I am not sure if there is one available, because this machine is not normally meant to be plumbed in. I suggest contacting Rancilio directly to see if they have a kit available, or if plumbing the unit is a possibility. Rancilio can be contacted at...

5 months ago
Louis-Jordan answered the question when to replace a prosumer machine

Thank you for your question. Prosumer units last about 7-8 years on average with good care and proper maintenance. In the case of your machine, I would say it's probably more economical to put money into a new unit instead of putting money into repairing your current unit. Even if you get your machine repaired, it is starting to get old, and...

5 months ago
Louis-Jordan answered the question 'Add beans' message occurs very often for no reason

Thank you for your question. You mentioned the beans are not excessively oily. Beans going into this machine should not be oily at all. The machine also does not accept oily, flavored, or caramalized beans. If your beans are shiny at all, or feel even a little bit sticky or slippery, they are not suitable for this unit and will cause this...

5 months ago
Louis-Jordan answered the question Double spout separable?

Thank you for your question. Yes, this spout is unscrewable, and can actually be switched out for a single spout. The spout is pretty firmly attached when you receive the portafilter from the manufacturer, so you might need to secure the portafilter with a c-clamp and use a wrench to unscrew it. The spout is normally threaded, so...

5 months ago
Louis-Jordan answered the question Hi, I saw the Yedi Inside Out Heart cups on Good Morning America for a deal of $20.00. Is this price accurate?

Thank you for your question. This is not the price we are offering for these cups. They can be found on our website here, for $49.99.

5 months ago
Louis-Jordan answered the question Do we know what the brewing water temperature is for this item?

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately I am unable to locate an exact brew temperature listed anywhere in the technical specifications of this machine. The most I could find was a description on the spec sheet saying that the machine heats the water while brewing for "optimal temperature." I suggest contacting Breville, they might...

5 months ago
Louis-Jordan answered the question What's Wrong With the Controls?

Thank you for your question. I do suggest contacting Technical Support because of the nature of these problems the machine will require a repair. Technical Support can be contacted at 1-888-411-5282 option 3. It sounds like there might be a deeper issue, such as a leak, which is causing other symptoms on the machine.

5 months ago
Louis-Jordan answered the question Grimac Royal Falcon’s La Valentina Reservoir

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately we do not stock the water tank for the La Valentina, and I don't have dimension specifications available. I suggest contacting Grimac directly to see if they can provide you with this information. They can be contacted at 1-866-632-1702.

5 months ago
Louis-Jordan answered the question I have a Vitamix 5200. Will this Vita-Mix 32 oz Xtreme Performance Container work with this base unit?

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately we do not have this information, we mainly provide support for the espresso machines and grinders that we carry. I suggest contacting Vitamix directly to see if this is compatible. They can be reached at 1-800-848-2649.

5 months ago
Louis-Jordan answered the question Bad tasting coffee

Thank you for your question. We don't have cleaning information for this machine, but I imagine it will need a descaling agent run through it occasionally. I suggest contacting Bunn at 1-800-352-2866. They will be able to let you know an appropriate cleaning product for the machine, as well as provide you with cleaning instructions and a...

5 months ago
Louis-Jordan answered the question Slow Espresso Brewing with ESE Pods

Thank you for your question. It sounds like your pressurized filter might be blocked. There are a couple of ways to clean it. You can soak it in some descaler and hot water for half an hour. You can also drop the basket in a pot of boiling water. You can also take a needle or a pin and poke the single hole on the bottom of the pressurized basket.

5 months ago
Louis-Jordan answered the question gaggia classic and baratza preciso

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately no, the Preciso will not fit on this machine. The base is designed specifically to fit the shape of the bottom of the MDF.

5 months ago
Louis-Jordan answered the question Crema from Bialetti Moka Pot

Thank you for your question. The Moka Pot is a different style of brewing than espresso, so you are not going to get a true crema from it. The coffee will taste like something akin to espresso, but the extraction process is vastly different, so you won't get crema from the brew process in itself. A lot of people who use Moka Pots have a...

5 months ago
Louis-Jordan answered the question switzerland roasted? medium roasted / espresso

Thank you for your question. No, by Switzerland Roasted, it is referring to a particular roasting style, Trinidad roasters are located in California. Trinidad's website states that their beans come from all over the world, so that they can get the best selection of beans; so no, they are not harvested in the US. We unfortunately do not have...

5 months ago
Louis-Jordan answered the question Breville pressurized filter baskets

Thank you for your question. This machine does not use the pin, because the pressurized baskets are styled slightly differently. The frothing pin is required by the Gaggia baskets, because the coffee comes out at a high velocity, so the pin is needed to slow the coffee down. The baskets for the Breville are double walled baskets, but the coffee...

5 months ago
Louis-Jordan answered the question About the shipment

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately we do not ship to Taiwan. We only ship to the US, US territories, or Canada.

5 months ago
Louis-Jordan answered the question BPA free?

Thank you for your question. No, the ROK espresso maker is not BPA free.

5 months ago
Welcome_mat
Welcome Mat Unlocked!

Your first badge for signing up

Commentator
Commentator 0 / 1

Post your first comment.

Chatter_box
Chatter Box 0 / 10

Post at least 10 comments.

Chatter_champ
Chatter Champ 0 / 100

Post at least 100 comments.

Blabber_mouth
Blabber Mouth 0 / 5

Get rewarded for posting high-scoring comments

Java_junkie
Java Junkie 58 / 100

Earn at least 100 reputation.

Mocha_mogul
Mocha Mogul 58 / 1000

Earn at least 1000 reputation.

Bean_boss
Bean Boss 58 / 2000

Earn at least 2000 reputation.

Denied
Denied 0 / 1

Get your first downvote

Good_vibes
Good Vibes 0 / 1

Get your first upvote

Commendable
Commendable 0 / 10

Earn at least 10 upvotes on your posts.

Admirable
Admirable 0 / 50

Earn at least 50 upvotes on your posts.

Divine
Divine 0 / 100

Earn at least 100 upvotes on your posts.

Celebrity
Celebrity 0 / 150

Earn at least 150 upvotes on your posts.