Profile_img_5660 Reputation: 163

Hi, my name is Mary Ann. I am a member of the Whole Latte Love Sales Team. I enjoy spending time with my friends and family, boating, watching Ohio State football AND soy lattes!!!

Cleaning and Germs

NSF is a non-profit organization that certifies products and writes standards for food water, and consumer goods to minimize adverse health effects. In 2011 NSF did a study on the germiest places in the home. And coming in at number 5 in the top 10... coffee maker reservoirs. Bathroom faucet...

Behmor Brazen Plus Coffeemaker

The shower head of the Brazen Plus is massive. In fact it’s the largest of any of the SCAA certified brewers. That means very even wetting of the grounds. The filter basket is in a slide out drawer and a re-useable gold tone style filter is included. If you prefer, you can use a paper...

Ceado E6P Grinder

Ceado makes some serious commercial grinders. So what they’ve done with the E6P is take the same quality used in their big boys and put it into a smaller package. The E6P delivers a commercial quality grind but in a size more suited to serious home users. The E6 has been available in a...

Portafilter Types

Portafilters hold the coffee when making espresso and come in a variety of styles; single spout, dual spout or bottomless. Some are light, some are heavy, some have straight handles and some are angled. What should you be looking for in a portafilter?  Weight is an important factor....

3 Way Solenoid Valve

If you have a budget semi-automatic espresso machine, you pull a shot and remove the portafilter you may notice it’s like the machine sneezes out a messy mix of brew water and grinds.  Or, maybe you’ve seen how easy a nice dry coffee puck knocks out of a portafilter on other...

How To Properly Store Whole Bean Coffee

To get the best from a coffee you want to use fresh roasted beans, grind immediately before brewing and use them within 2 weeks; unless there’s a coffee roaster around the corner from you that’s not always practical. So what’s the best way to store your beans? Well the...

Americano vs Cafe Crema, What's The Difference?

There are two beverages which result in a brewed coffee size drink made using an espresso machine: Americanos and Cafe Crema.  Both of these drinks use the espresso brewing process which forces hot water under pressure through finely ground coffee. The resulting beverage has a different...

Common Espresso and Coffee Grinder Terms

Stepped or stepless, doser or doserless, conical or flat, steel or ceramic...  grinder terminology sure is confusing. Actual grinding is done mostly by burrs which come in two basic shapes: flat and conical. Budget grinders tend to use conical burs while more expensive grinders use flat...

Which Has More Caffeine, Light or Dark Roast Coffee Beans?

There is a common belief that caffeine level is simply based on how light or dark the roast is. Some people think that darker roasts have more caffeine because they have a stronger flavor. The truth is, caffeine content in your favorite coffee beverage is more complex and it is largely...

How To Make A Flat White Espresso Drink

Some call it a wet cappuccino...  Others call it a short latte...  It’s a down under creation from the 1980’s. Maybe from Australia, or is it New Zealand? I am breaking down how to make one and give some tips for doing it well.  So this one is very popular in New...

Making It With MaryAnn & Cheyenne - Coffee Chili

Have you ever entered a chili cook off? Around here they’re something of a tradition, and this year Cheyenne and I joined forces to get a leg up on the competition. She had a secret weapon (her grandmother’s recipe!) and we decided to add some coffee to it for an extra...

Making It With MaryAnn - Garbage Disposal Cleaner

Have you ever wondered how to clean and sharpen the blades in a garbage disposal? I found a recipe specifically for cleaning, deodorizing and sharpening a garbage disposal. This is such a great idea and it actually uses used coffee grinds!   Here’s what you’ll need to get...

Making It With MaryAnn - Coffee with an Irish Twist

Tomorrow is St. Patrick’s Day, and what better way to celebrate than with an Irish recipe? Irish Coffee anyone? The recipe is quite simple; a splash of coffee, some whiskey and a smidge of Guinness. But! There are other ways to shake things up and that’s what I’ll be sharing...

Making It With MaryAnn - Irish Coffee Cake

It’s that time of year again! St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner and I’m excited to try a new recipe for the occasion! I wanted to share a nice dessert to serve for after the corned beef and cabbage dinner most of us will enjoy on March 17th. Irish Coffee Cake actually...

Making it with MaryAnn - Coffee Toffee Banana Bread!

Breakfast and coffee go so well together!  I am going to share a delightful recipe that I like to  make if I have company staying over, or when I have to bring something tasty to a brunch. I have a banana bread that tastes great on its own and even better when you add coffee to it!...

Making it with MaryAnn - Espresso Snowmen

I have stumbled on a fun new treat that is both easy to make and includes espresso! I’ve named this recipe Espresso Snowmen and it’s a great treat for the kids after winter activities like sledding or skiing. It is a recipe that can become very creative or just basic and delicious....

Making it With MaryAnn: Coffee Martini

I have a few friends who bartend and I enjoy my coffee; we put our heads together and decided to make Coffee Martinis!  We had so much fun playing around with the ingredients and different coffee blends. We came up with a number interesting combinations, but this one was my...

Making it With MaryAnn: Hot Butterscotch Toffee Coffee

It’s that time of year, the frigid temperatures are here and I don’t like it! As I sat by my fireplace last night with a delectable Butterscotch Toffee Coffee, I watched the local weather and thought to myself “wow Buffalo got hit hard with lots of snow and freezing...

Welcome_mat
Welcome Mat Unlocked!

Your first badge for signing up

Commentator
Commentator Unlocked!

Post your first comment.

Chatter_box
Chatter Box 6 / 10

Post at least 10 comments.

Chatter_champ
Chatter Champ 6 / 100

Post at least 100 comments.

Blabber_mouth
Blabber Mouth 0 / 5

Get rewarded for posting high-scoring comments

Java_junkie
Java Junkie Unlocked!

Earn at least 100 reputation.

Mocha_mogul
Mocha Mogul 163 / 1000

Earn at least 1000 reputation.

Bean_boss
Bean Boss 163 / 2000

Earn at least 2000 reputation.

Denied
Denied 0 / 1

Get your first downvote

Good_vibes
Good Vibes 0 / 1

Get your first upvote

Commendable
Commendable Unlocked!

Earn at least 10 upvotes on your posts.

Admirable
Admirable 16 / 50

Earn at least 50 upvotes on your posts.

Divine
Divine 16 / 100

Earn at least 100 upvotes on your posts.

Celebrity
Celebrity 16 / 150

Earn at least 150 upvotes on your posts.